Last night John was being rather mouthy towards Bryce and I so after having his mouth "cleaned" (liquid soap put on his tongue while I count to 10--it's pure torture for my kids) he was sent to his room. After a few minutes I went in to have a little chat with him and during our discussion he proceeded to ask me "Why can't I act like that, teenagers do?" Now where in the world did that come from?
After our short discussion of "punk" teenagers and the fact that he would hopefully not choose to act like that when he was a teen, I let him know that I certainly didn't need him to start acting like that when he was 6!
Unfortunately he did have to have soap in his mouth again tonight but he was much more repentant than last time and took his punishment like a champ and was right back to his cute little self--wish it was always like that!