Monday, May 10, 2010

mothers day cards

So here are few of my favorite lines from my children's mother day cards:
 
From Linda--"What does your mom do in her spare time?  Go in her bed and read." (at least she knows what I would like to do!),
"What's the difference between moms and dads?  Mom's are ladies and the ones who go through lots of hard stuff and Dads go to work and never listen to their wives."  (Bryce disagrees with this answer!),  "The funniest thing I ever saw my mom do was...do a funny dance.  She looked like a wierdo, that's what!", (guilty!!!),  "My mother's favorite place is...going to my mom's mom's house." (she knows me so well!)  "I like it when my mother...helps me with my problems."  (I thought this was sweet)
 
From Alyssa--"If my mom had $100 dollars what would she buy?  a book", "What is my mom's job? to take care of kids", "What is one of my mom's pet peeves? when I don't listen" (AMEN to that one!), "What do I love most about my mom? I love how nice she is. And she loves me when I'm crazy!"  (the perfect answer from one crazy little 8 year old!)
 
From John--"Thank you for giving me hanbergers.  And sinuminwls.  Thay are yumee! (translation=hamburgers and cinnamon rolls, don't worry, I had to have him read that one to me too!)  He drew the most beautiful flowers all over the card too.  For a kindergarten boy he is such a good artist and very detailed.
 
I got hugs and pictures from the rest of them and it was such a wonderful day.  Bryce was wonderful handling all the house work so I could just enjoy the Mothering part of my life:)