So here we are at the end of another Sabbath. Is it a day of rest? Sort of, I didn't do any laundry, bathrooms, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, or any of the other big chores. There wasn't any homework, friends wanting to play, piano practice or other responsibilites so there is some rest from some things. You still have to eat and no matter how simple the meals there's still a huge mess when feeding 7 young children and one very hungry husband:)
I wish I could say that I had time to read the ensign/scriptures, etc. or write in my journal but those things don't happen until everyone's in bed. Somehow we manage to sneak in a nap at some point but other than that it is just one crazy day. I try to keep my needs for cleanliness to a minimum so I sit and watch the house fall apart around me until it's 6pm and I just can't take it anymore! Tonight it only took us 45 min., all working together, to undo the mess that it took them all day to create!!!! Luckily I have a husband who also enjoys a clean home and since Sunday is the only day I see him any more it works nice for those Sunday evening cleanups!
Ok, so I just had to ramble to get all those ideas out there. I love the Sabbath day, but I don't love the end of it, and the chaos that it takes to make the house ready for Monday--maybe I should write a new song:)
No comments:
Post a Comment