So I was hoping that with Bryce out of school for 3 weeks that life would slow down a little bit. It almost seems to have had the opposite effect:( Granted we are trying to catch up on some minor home projects--such as tree trimming which the kids turned into fort building. The other hard part has been that poor Claire has been under the weather and just miserable, which of course is miserable for a Mom! Anyway, I guess I was hoping for more relaxation but it wasn't meant to be.
On happier news little Lauren is loving her speech preschool and is so brave to get on the bus by herself. She is still incredibly shy so I'm never sure which things she'll take to and what she won't. She is also my incredible little helper. She has even decided to start rinsing the breakfast dishes for me many mornings and she is amazingly good at it:)
School is keeping us all very busy and with soccer starting up last week we have had to be even more scheduled than ever. We're working out some carpools for the practice days and luckily we can hold the team practice here in our yard on Mondays--the only day Bryce won't be in class. Yes, coaching is one more thing to do but it's one of those fun things that is worth it, especially because now Bryce likes going to soccer with the kids:)
This week we only have 4 soccer practices, 2 piano lessons, 2 dentist appointments, one ultrasound appt--yes, Thursday is the big day--2 curriculum nights (kind of like "back to school" night), one home teachee coming for dinner, and possibly hosting Bryce's family for a BBQ this weekend! Did I say I was hoping to relax:)
No comments:
Post a Comment